Monday, July 9, 2012

sign: APPLE

We started saying and signing APPLE recently!


I'm proud to say my husband and I practice what we preach! We introduce new words to Little Fingers with a modeled emphasized word "Aa - pple," attach the sign, and ta-da! She's says and signs it back. This is a teaching method we've used for the past six months and it's amazing to see it all come together. One sign/word after another! So today's sign: APPLE


One of the most important things I teach in my classes - teach the sign correctly and be ok if it doesn't always come back 100% correctly. APPLE is a great example. I sign APPLE and Ms Little Fingers gives me her rendition with her little fingers a little farther back closer to her ear. Once in a while her finger comes closer her cheek where they belong and I say, "yes! APPLE." Either way she gets praise but a little extra confirmation when the sign is correct.


APPLE!

No comments:

Copyright © 2012 · Designed and Customized by: Virtual Boutik © All Rights Reserved.