Sunday, January 29, 2012

sign: WONDERFUL - Versatile Blogger Award - Wow!

Wow, this was unexpected! Thank you Nikki from Peace, Love and Purses http://peaceloveandpurses8.blogspot.com/
compliments of Lifeprint.com
Sign: WONDERFUL - open hands (called "Five handshape")
and pretend you are double high five high, then double
high five down 5 inches ... WONDERFUL


The rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them. 
2. Tell 7 things about yourself. (see below)
3. Pass this award on to 10 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award.

Seven things about HearMyHands :
1. HMH started in 2008 as a result of a required assignment in a graduate research class. I just took it to the next level and 10 months later - bam! proved sign language is beneficial with hearing infants :)
2. We are very new to blogging but enjoying it more and more each day! 
3. I started signing at a community enrichment course at night while I was in High school and now I teach those courses!
4. I went to a separate college at night for signing b/c the universities I went to during the day (full time) didn't offer ASL. 
5. I've been married for 3 years and moved back in the house I grew up in, which used to be my great-grandmother's house. We have a beautiful happy little girl we call Little Fingers (aka Lil) here on the blog. We enjoy traveling, roller blading, taking Lil for walks, going out for ice cream, bowling, horse back riding and anything else that gets us outside and in the fresh air.
6. HearMyHands has a sister company Speech Language Associate, LLC which provides speech language services and specializes in AAC (Augmentative Alternative Communication). I have my Masters degree in speech language hearing science. I am currently a doctoral student at Nova Southeastern University and starting my dissertation too (which sign language is a part of!).
7. HearMyHands has such awesome ideas in store, we can hardly sleep at night! :)!!

10 Blogs that I love and awarded the Versatile Blog Award to are...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

Congratulations to you! I like the message of you blog since it is educational. Like I mentioned earlier, will be teaching my son a few signs from here, he loves learning new things.

Hey, I did a double take when I saw you placed Green Eggs & Moms up there. Thank you so much! I'm just happy that you thought it was worthy of a mention.

Have a happy week ahead!

-Anne

HearMyHands said...

Melissa - Thank you! :) we enjoy writing about the topic we love so much!

HearMyHands said...

Anne -yes, I started slowly notifying everyone I named for the award. Been a crazy day with family in town :) But I value what you write about and thought it was worth mentioning to share the food about our children eating healthy. :) Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I found you at Nikki's blog. I'm now your newest follower via GFC. I'd be glad if you follow back with a comment at BEAUTY-HIVE. Tnx!

Copyright © 2012 · Designed and Customized by: Virtual Boutik © All Rights Reserved.